Unlike traditional wood gates and fences, aluminum fences and gate do not need regular maintenance. However, to preserve the beauty and to ensure the prolonged existence of your aluminum fencing and aluminum gates, an annual schedule for maintenance should be planned.
Cleaning and Caring for Your Aluminum Fence
Spray your aluminum fencing regularly with water using your garden hose. This helps to eradicate fertilizer chemicals, dirt, and grass clippings thus, keeping it looking as good as new. In coastal areas, frequent spraying of your aluminum fence panels with water is advised to reduce the buildup of dirt and salt.
Rinse your aluminum fencing with water from top to bottom and then back up. This cleans the surface and prevents streaking as well as the gathering of dirty “run-down”. After rinsing, wipe the fence with a lint-free, soft cloth or better still, air dry.
For more filthy parts of your fence, first rinse the surface of the aluminum fencing with clean water and then wash with a sponge and mild dish soap mixed with water. Make sure not to allow soap to collect on the surface and, rinse any “run-down” immediately. Once washing is done, rinse the whole section with water. Dish soap must not dry on the surface! Air dry or wipe with lint-free, soft cloth. Carry out these steps repeatedly to get rid of water soluble debris.
Make Use of Cleaning Products
Degreasers and cleaners can also help with stain removal especially for stubborn stains. Simple stains can be cleaned by applying a degreaser which must be rinsed after applying. For stubborn or hard water stains, cleaner such as CLS. It can come in handy to remove stains. It should also be rinsed after use.
However, adequate care should be taken when making use cleaning products for your aluminum fence as some abrasive agents, household cleaners, steel wool or cleaners with solvents contain harsh chemicals which could cause discoloration and damage to your fence.
Maintaining Your Aluminum Fence
- Adjust the aluminum fencing panels every spring. This is a normal maintenance activity that must be performed by the homeowner.
- Always keep your aluminum gate secured to prevent it from swinging in the wind.
- Make sure to tighten the screws on your aluminum posts and panels at least once a year.
- Carry out frequent inspections to check for any loose aluminum fence post and once you find any, simply re-tamp & realign.
- Avoid mounting or stacking any materials or objects beside your fence.
- Make sure not to make use of weed trimmer at the bottom of the aluminum fence panel
iFenceUSA is an online distributor of wholesale aluminum fences and gates for residential, resort, commercial, and industrial installation. As an industry leader in maintenance-free aluminum fencing products we have all your aluminum fence and gate needs covered. More information can be found online at https://ifenceusa.com/.