Information Technology (IT) has globally become a major driving force in many organizations. The role of I.T can’t be overemphasized in our day-to-day activities, in businesses and individual lives. Information technology has changed businesses, education and everyday life. Organizations are seeking to get IT applications which can help them sell their products or services effectively.
Computers and Internet Are Essential To All Businesses
The use of Internet has become globally accepted. With it, organizations or businesses are moving information faster and they also coordinate multiple activities to achieve efficiency. They also use the internet to sell their services or products. Hence you have emails, online marketing.
In the business world, I.T has helped in creating a networked economy where businesses are linked with their suppliers, customers, manufacturers and business partners in real time. Information Technology is an enabler for economic development.
Computers and information systems are essential parts of every business today. Like accounting and legal, every business needs to invest in technology to compete. Technology is both a cost of doing business and an opportunity to do more business.
Benefits of Information the Technology
- Communication: Information technology accounts in the development of communication technology. Services like electronic mail make communication within and outside the organization easy and first. Nowadays email communication is a default communication technology used by every organization. Communication is a great tool in business develops, with advanced communication tools, employees and managers can easily make beneficial decisions in the organization
- With information technology, businesses can reach more potential customers, develop a business relationship with potential customers
- Streamline operations, reduce costs, improve efficiency, maximize profit, minimize waste, and devote talent to core business instead of overhead
- Provide better service to customers
- Allow customers to better guide the business
- Reliability: Information technology systems can run 24hrs 7 days a week hence it is reliable. Let’s take a simple example of a Bank. This is a financial institution whose services are needed by the end-user on time. Banks use IT systems to deliver services like remote banking so customers can easily deposit money, withdraw money or print out bank statements without coming to a physical main branch of that bank. IT experts make sure that these remote ATM machines and other remote banking systems are running all the time, they can do maintenance in the late hours when users are not active so that they do not interrupt the service when needed by the user
- Speed: Users of information technology can use tools like computers to perform different tasks faster and accurately. Computers have applications which can store data in a systematic way making it easy to understand and organize important facts.
- Transaction processing: Information technology simplifies the transaction process of an organization. A transaction process system (TPS) processes transactions in a business. At the heart of every organization are IT systems whose main role is to capture transaction information, create new information based on the transaction information. TPS will update any transaction process and store that information in a database, so any concerned party in the organization can access that information via a centralized information storage network of the internet.
- Data Management: With the help of database software, an organization stores all its relevant data on a database. This infrastructure can be designed when it is internal or external. An internal centralized system can only be accessed within the organization while an external centralized system allows data to be accessed outside the organization using a remote (IP) internet protocol Address or a domain name. In this case, employees or managers can use a company website to access relevant company data by use of passwords. This data is not exposed to the public and search engines.
Contact CPS Today
Learn more about Creative Programs and Systems, CPS, and the IT solutions they provide including IT consulting, computer consulting, network consulting, networking, server installation, IT disaster recovery, computer repair, virus removal, malware removal, computer tune ups, data backup systems, computer troubleshooting, structured cabling, low voltage wiring, website design, graphic design, logo design, website hosting, search engine placement, iphone app programming, android app programming, and custom programming at www.cpsmi.com/computerconsulting. To contact one of our IT experts call 810.224.5252 today or via email at email@example.com.