Shrink sleeve labels continue to change how consumer marketers introduce and push new products onto the market. Shrink labels wrap around products such as bottles to allow the marketer 360 degrees of space to entice potential consumer to purchase their product. Shrink sleeves are made from a material that allows for high impact graphics to stand out on the grocery store shelves. The use of noticeable inks and patters on labels grab attention. Many shoppers will make purchase they did not intend to because of the label alone.
Shrink Sleeves Used For New Product Introduction
Sleeve labeling is a refreshing new way to introduce a new product without spending heavily on media advertising buys. Traditionally a new product rollout would be very expensive costing several hundred thousand dollars just to get minimal consumer awareness. Some campaigns can even be upwards of a million. This is an expensive gamble to make especially if in the end the product does not take off as expected.
Product Branding With Shrink Sleeves
Shrink sleeve labels are one of the primary ways to brand your product without breaking the bank. The next time you are walking through the grocery store take notice that products ranging from kitty litter to soft drinks use this manner of labeling. There are many different reasons for this but here are the five main reasons that this type of marketing works:
- Shrink sleeves can fit over any shape of the product. If you are selling a case of raisins that is shaped like the sun with little points jutting out from it, then you will find it hard to fit other types of labels on it. Shrink sleeves are always an option because if they cannot somehow fit around the product then it can always encase the product within the label. They conform to any shape product imaginable.
- The sleeves can provide an unparalleled degree of safety from product tampering. If you choose this type of label to completely cover and conform to the shape of the product as mentioned earlier, then it makes it much harder to tamper with. That is why so many food manufacturers use this type of label on their products.
- If you use a standard label then you will most likely put it on the front of the package only. That leaves the sides and back as dead space. This type of labeling provides a 360 degree arc of prime, marketable real estate that can be seen from any direction.
- Marketing has always been an expensive undertaking for any product manufacturer. You have to be very careful with the types of labels that you make because they are so expensive to produce that you probably won’t change then often. Shrink sleeve labels are made from a thin-film of plastic and are one of the cheapest ways to add advertising to your product. Since producing shrink sleeve labels are costly so much less, it allows you to change your advertising more frequently to try new things for a better impact.
- Another big selling point of shrink sleeve labeling is the vast array of looks and options that are available. You can have the labels printed with metallic, pearlescent, thematic or even make it look like etched glass. If you want the look of your product to shine through the label then you can have the sleeves manufactured in semi-opaque that gives it that invisible look.
Final Thought On Shrink Sleeves
These labels even allow for changes that may stimulate selling of existing store products. Some products even though they are of high quality may through time start to seem outdated. A new label can add spice and appeal. Their use can stimulate sales and grab an increasing share of the product demand.
Learn more about Anchor Printing and their vast line of custom product label & packaging options including: Shrink Sleeve Labels, Flexible Packaging, Roll-Fed Labeling, Pressure Sensitive and Cut & Stack Labels at http://www.anchorprinting.com/shrink-sleeve.php. To contact one of our label specialists call toll free at 800.748.0209 or via email at email@example.com.